Sunday, January 08, 2012

Holiday Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

The holidays are over and I really loved spending time with both of you. I don’t know if you realize how hard it is to go between houses. It sometimes makes me sad to be spending time with one of you and have to pack up and leave. It makes me even sadder if one of you pumps me for information, or says mean things about the other.

Dad, I don’t get to see you as much as I would like to since you and mom divorced. I’m always so happy to see you and spend time with you, just you. I know you date and that doesn’t bother me so much. I get upset when you bring your girlfriend around when you get to see me because she sees you much, much more than I get to. I wish that Christmas Eve could have just been you with us. It’s important for me to get to spend time with just you.

Mom, I know you try so hard to make everything perfect since the divorce. Sometimes I wish you would just relax and enjoy yourself. It hurts to see you so stressed out. Sit down, talk to me and spend time with me without having to run in so many different directions. Everything doesn’t have to be perfect.

I want you to know that I love you both of very much. You guys getting divorced isn’t what is so hard for me. What is hard is how you guys act now that you are divorced. Sometimes I feel invisible. I wish you would think a little more about my feelings before you say and do some of the things you do. I also want you to know that doing what you say you are going to do with me is more important than anything else. I need to know that I can count on both of you. I need to know that I can trust both of you to be there for me.

Copyright © 2012 Divorce Communications. All Rights Reserved