Monday, January 09, 2012

Dinosaurs Divorce


Once again, I am surprised I have not blogged on this before. I have heard about the book Dinosaurs Divorce A Guide for Changing Families by Laurie Krasny Brown and Marc Brown for years but have never taken the time to read it. I am planning to do a Divorce TV show on Divorce and Children’s Books so I finally decided to read the book. It is great. It includes topic that are understandable to young children which include Divorce Words and What They Mean, Why Parents Divorce, What About You, After the Divorce, Living with One Parent, Visiting Your Parent, Having Two Homes, Celebrating Holidays and Special Occasions, Telling Your Friends, Meeting Parent’s New Friends, Living with Stepparents, and Having Stepsisters and Stepbrothers. In particular, I like advice that “Divorces takes place between mothers and fathers. You are not to blame if you parents get divorced.” I was pleased that I give much of the same advice to couples who see me.
As always, you can post any comment about this blog or Divorce Mediation, or just Mediation by following the directions at the right in the green column or at the bottom of this website. Learn more about mediation at http://www.center-divorce-mediation.com/ WM (242) 1/9/12