Monday, March 31, 2008

Divorce Causes - Lovers and Other Strangers

Long before I even heard of Divorce Mediation, I saw a 1970 movie called "Lovers and Other Strangers" in which Diane Keaton made her motion-picture debut. Keaton’s character is a young naïf divorcing her husband because his hair no longer smells like raisins. I have always joked about this being an absurd reason to get divorce but perhaps it is not. The old joke is the major cause of divorce is marriage. I have of course seen numerous divorces based on infidelity and money problems. I previously mentioned incompatibility. See blog "Rabbi Casts Wide Net in Matchmaker Role - In the News." In the end I have always felt that lack of communications and the ability to grow together are the main causes of divorce. I would be interested in any comments about why people get divorced. As always, you can post a comment about this blog, Divorce Mediation, or Tucson Arizona by following the directions at the right in the green column or at the bottom of this website or participate in our Presidential poll located below the directions. WM 3/31/08