Thursday, May 21, 2009

Divorce Graffiti

When I was about 20 years old, I visited my sister in California. My first trip west of the Mississippi. While I was there I purchased a small book for $1.00 called "Graffiti, Selected Scawls from Bathroom Walls" collected by Robert Reisner. I recently came across the book. I looked in the table of contents to see if there were any mediation or divorce or marriage graffiti. Surprisingly, there were none. The closest was the Love topic. It in included, "Love thy neighbor but don’t get caught," "Chaste makes waste, " and "If it moves, fondle it." I went to my next source, Google, and was suprised not to find anything other than, "Two very rich people got divorced, and their lawyers lived happily ever after." I can only speculate why there is no Divorce Graffiti. Has the internet replaced the bathroom wall? Has graffiti become an spray art form and divorce does not work on a subway car? If you have seen some divorce graffiti, share is with me or let me know why you think there is so little divorce graffiti.
As always, you can post any comment about this blog, Divorce Mediation, or Tucson Arizona by following the directions at the right in the green column or at the bottom of this website. Learn more about mediation at http://www.center-divorce-mediation.com/ WM 5/21/09